Happy New Year! 2023 was another busy year for the GeoPlan Center. Here’s just a few highlights from the past year:
- Developed a new tool, the Resilience Report, to systematically and rapidly conduct flood vulnerability assessments for transportation projects.
- Helped UF’s Center for Landscape Conservation Planning (CLCP) launch a map viewer and dashboard to visualize the conservation priorities of the Florida Ecological Greenways Network and the Florida Wildlife Corridor.
- Developed a new intranet application for tracking geospatial data for the Florida Geographic Data Library and Environmental Screening Tool.
- Updated the Wind Speed Line Maps for the 2023 Florida Building Code.
- Updated the Noise Barriers Inventory statewide dataset.
- Assisted with two publications examining the racial and geographic disparities in EMS treatment for pediatric asthma patients (Riney et al., 2023a), (Riney et al., 2023b)
- GeoPlan Students assistants were busy sharpening their Python Skills, creating a map game, assisting with data cleaning and QAQC to support numerous projects, and generally being awesome!
- Welcomed 17 new students and said goodbye to 6 graduating students in the Online GIS Certificate
Many thanks to our faculty, staff, and students, and project partners and collaborators! We look forward to creating more geospatial impact in 2024.